Bloom offers women’s health services for women of all ages. This includes annual exams and pap smears, contraception counseling and treatment of a plethora of female specific issues. Below is a list of ailments that we effectively treat with naturopathic and Chinese medicine:
- Irregular periods
- Spotting or heavy bleeding
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
- Menstrual cramps
- Uterine fibroids, polyps and ovarian cysts
- Absence of periods and/or ovulation
- Breast pain
- Pregnancy and postpartum issues
- Low progesterone
- High testosterone
- Thyroid disease
- Urinary tract infections
- Vaginal infections
- Abnormal paps/HPV
In addition, we treat the whole woman. While our focus may be reproductive/hormonal, we will also be addressing any other health issues, from digestion to mental emotion issues.
Dr. Molly O’Neill and Dr. Ashley Haywood have a special focus on fertility and a commitment to providing a safe space for all women and couples to discuss fertility issues and the process of trying to conceive. They help women and couples at any point in the process, and they work with female-male, female-female and transgendered couples, as well as single woman. If you are looking to optimize your fertility, support your body and spirit during IVF or other fertility treatment, focus on a specific infertility diagnosis, or learn more about the process of conceiving with donor sperm, Drs. O’Neill and Haywood are a key addition to your healthcare team. We offer the following services:
- Naturopathic and Chinese medicine specific to fertility optimization
- Acupuncture before and after ovulation, before and after embryo transfer (IVF)
- Education and information on conceiving using donor sperm—logistics, legal issues, medical issues, etc..
- Assistance in timing inseminations –both intrauterine and intra-vaginal—and education on how to chart your cycle and use that information to conceive.
- Intrauterine inseminations with a post-IUI acupuncture session
- Co-management with your OB/Gyn and Reproductive Endocrinologist
Pregnancy and Postpartum care
We offer naturopathic care and Chinese medicine for pregnant and postpartum women, in conjunction with routine prenatal care from an OB or midwife. Acupuncture is a safe and effective treatment option during pregnancy and the postpartum period. In addition, naturopathic medicine has much to offer for symptom management during this time. Drs.O’Neill and Haywood all work with pregnant and postpartum women. Our patients love coming to Bloom during pregnancy—for healthcare and support.
Labor Welcoming Acupuncture
Acupuncture at the end of pregnancy to prepare the woman’s body for labor. This treatment is gentle and supportive and is typically started after 37 weeks. It does not induce labor but may nudge the woman’s body into labor if she has reached or passed her due date. All of the acupuncturists at Bloom offer this service. Acupuncture to turn a breech baby When baby is breech, acupuncture can help encourage him/her to change position. This treatment is gentle and, combined with moxibustion, is very effective.
For more information on Women’s Health & Fertility, please contact us! We are happy to answer your questions.